I was asked to review this e-book by The Old Schoolhouse. I had a chance to review a couple of other ones previously and was not disappointed, so I was excited for this chance. This e-book is called Travel the World! It couldn't have come at a better time for us, since we are all about traveling this summer. We don't happen to be going anywhere other than our own country, but traveling is traveling, right?
First, let me start by saying the kids LOVED this! They really enjoy Unit Studies and having this e-book is an easy way for me to provide that for them. TOS has made it so easy by having everything organized with an index, numbering the pages and providing web links for further exploration. We began this unit with reading about maps, the definition of geography, each of the seven continents and singing "God Has the Whole World in His Hands". Now, I will say that some of the reading passages were above even my almost 8 year old daughters head. And a little dry for my six year old son, but we got through it with a little rewording from me.
As we moved throughout the unit we spent time on each continent. There are so many links to other references for your use that we couldn't even get to all of them. What a great problem to have! Some of the activities are too advanced for my 6 year old, but my 8 year old had no problems at all. The word searches, crossword puzzles and word scrambles were her favorites.
As for my review? I say this is a fantastic supplement to your curriculum. If you or your children enjoy unit studies as mine do, The Old Schoolhouse does a wonderful job of organizing it all for you. I often don't have time to put together an entire unit on something and certainly not as detailed as this! There is even a lapbook, which my kids think is the greatest thing ever. :) Additionally, there is a high school expansion pack for those who have older children. Here is the scoop on how to get your copy:
E-Book Travel The World
Here is what you get in your download for $7.95:
- A custom-designed study guide complete with additional educational and video links to further expand research and learning.
- Coloring pages made just for this module. You will not find these anywhere else!
- Activity pages that relate to the topic. These include crossword, word search, an acrostic, puzzles, and more!
- Original copywork pages—ready-to-use manuscript and cursive for all ages!
- Recipes—cook up some fun in the kitchen!
- Resource pages to increase your knowledge and build your library.
- Our high school expansion—additional information and activity pages created for older students. We want your entire family to benefit from this module, so we are offering resources to expand the learning up through high school!
- Lapbook Beginnings! We provide the first couple of lapbooking activities for you, along with links to resources that will help you build beautiful lapbooks with your children. Create a project your entire family will enjoy!
There are many, many other modules to choose from like, Insects Galore!, Out of this World and Wondrous Weather. You can pick three for $17.88 here.
Let me know if you try it and what you think!
I was asked to do a review on this product by The Old Schoolhouse. I did receive this e-book free of charge to try, but am not being compensated in any other way. The opinions expressed here are strictly my own.